Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Tribute To KOST 103.5

My radio default dialbuttonthings are set to these stations (in order) KOST 103.5, KROQ 104.3, KYSR 98.7, HERP 97.1, and DERP 102.7. 830am this morning on my way to school, I turned on my radio today to listen to the resonating and soothing voices of Mark and Kristen, respectively, on 103.5, and to my greatest dismay.. I hear this instead:
I don’t give a fuck when I’m in the club sippin’ above really drunk and I see a fat booty. Gotta have it, Imma grab it, it’s a habit, automatic, like Uzi. Who’s he with the sick flow, make a chick go crazy and flash them ta-tas. Redfoo, the dude, a true party rockaaahhh. - "Sorry for Party Rocking" by LMFAO
LMFAO.. grammar r non-existe.. words are what i don't even.. non-sequitors.. and what/who the hell is a Redfoo. 


Although I get chastised for listening to mom music all the time, it is even sadder to me when little kids go into Lollicup and they're able to sing along to Afrojack and even worse, when my 8th grader family friend doesn't even recognize the tune to "Stayin' Alive".. I mean, come on.


In any case, I am eternally grateful for radio channels like KOST 103.5 for providing Southern California ranging from timeless artists such as Frank Sinatra, Air Supply, BeeJees, Chicago, and Blondie to the modern (and not so timeless) artists. Thank you for keeping them timeless throughout the years and throughout the ever evolving (unfortunately, not for the better) styles of music. 


Until next time,
Disgruntled radio listener

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel!!
    http://qtftw.wordpress.com/2011/10/30/music-to-my-ears/

    ReplyDelete